Revision as of 15:37, 17 June 2014 by ***** (***** | *****)
Wikis provide the opportunity to link a word in your current article with any other existing wiki article, other external links, and documents.
1. Highlight the word(s) that will build the link later.
2.Click the Insert Link symbol in the toolbar.
2. A dialog window appears. Type in the highlighted text (as shown in step 1) in the option "Define the label for the link:" and article/external site you wish to link in the option ”Define the wiki page for the link:” (search either for an existing article by typing its title or insert a copied URL). Confirm with "OK".
Link a word.JPG
3. Successfully linked words are displayed in blue. Links with no existing target are displayed in red.
4. Make sure to save your changes by clicking "Save page" at the bottom of the page.
- To link a word with another article (within the same wiki) be sure this article really exists. If it does not exist the link will be displayed red. This is also a way to create a new article (see "Create a New Article").
- To link to another internet page, copy the URL from the browser.